Schools Programme 4 May, 2012
WRITING A SHORT STORY.
EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY-the graphic novel & creating caricatures
Short Story Competition
Who can Enter
Open to senior secondary school students (Years 10-13) from Mid-North Coast & Hunter region schools.
How to Enter
Schools submit one entry to the Gloucester Writers Festival Committee by 27 April 2012.
- 500 words only
- Original work of prose fiction
- Written in 2012
- The theme " edge " must be included & be integral to the text.
The best entry will be a piece in which the student
- Skillfully creates an engaging text which sustains interest
- Demonstrates high order content originality
- Uses sophisticated language suitable for the style & purpose
The winning entry will be announced & a presentation made on Saturday 5 May during the Gloucester Writers Festival.